Find your fit & love your job!
Location: Bloomington, IN
Create a life you can love with CarDon! Join a team that’s fun, respectful and rewarding. We offer positions with amazing benefits, career advancement and an environment where you’re treated with respect. Plus, weekly pay, cell phone discounts and premium access and discounts on hotels, Universal and Disney and more! If you have a heart for senior care and a passion for helping others, then CarDon is the place for you.
Working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off and a family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits.
CarDon is a family-owned senior-living company with more than 20 communities in the Midwest. We offer independent and assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory support. We’re rapidly growing, offer a wide variety of career paths, and reward bright ideas and hard work. Work for the best and join the Heart of the CarDon family of care.
- Accepts realistic work load, takes initiative to balance clinical tasks and supervisory tasks.
- Ensures that new employees receive adequate department training.
- Trains new therapists appropriately to function within various electronic patient care/billing programs (Casamba, Matrix, etc.)
- Ensures that employees are well trained for their specific role
- Ensures completion of training specific to therapy department needs and expectations
- Orients to specialty programming in therapy department
- Ensures orientation and training to most current office technology/software
- Works with the Regional Rehab Director to develop and implement site goals for growth and development.
- Organizes the therapy site workload
- Establishes work standards/processes to ensure efficiency and productivity in patient care in line with clinic and department expectations
- Oversees supply stock and ordering
- Monitors staff schedules to ensure effective and efficient use of staff time
- Demonstrates timely and effective problem solving techniques
- Resolves patient complaints and implements effective solutions
- Resolves staffing shortages on an as needed basis
- Anticipates challenges and proactively develops solutions
- Addresses performance issues on an as needed basis, in cooperation with the LifeSpan Therapy HR Director, and deals with individual staff to correct and improve performance, following process and policy.
- Manages space and equipment.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all staff member’s duties/job descriptions
- Working with the Regional Rehab Director, conducts fair and objective performance reviews for all staff
- Assists the staff in developing goals for personal development that contribute to the therapy department and goals
- Leads and organizes interactive staff meetings and inservices, as needed.
- Works together with other managers and departments
- Models a high standard for staff in all areas
- Promotes team work, professionalism, customer service, and communication.
- Follows and promotes Infection Control policies with regard to blood and body fluids
- Conducts department in accordance with respective professional organization’s Code of Ethics
We’re looking for a compassionate leader that’s open-minded and organized. This team member has a passion for helping seniors, loves caring for patients and knows how to develop trust with every relationship. Could this be you?
- Must have completed approved schooling for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Previous experience in a hospital or long-term care facility is preferred but not required.
Find your calling with CarDon. Apply today!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries.