Find your fit & love your job!
CarDon and Associates Corp
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Join the CarDon family! It’s an environment that’s exciting, respectful and rewarding. We offer positions with amazing benefits, like weekly pay, cell phone discounts and premium access and discounts on hotels, Universal and Disney and more! CarDon is the place for you.
Working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off and a family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits.
CarDon is a family-owned senior-living company with more than 20 communities in the Midwest. We offer independent and assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory support. We’re rapidly growing, offer a wide variety of career paths, and reward bright ideas and hard work. Work for the best and join the Heart of the CarDon family of care.
- Placement of daily purchase orders with vendors and ensures that inventory levels are maintained at an appropriate level in order to maintain an efficient prescription dispensing process
- Approves invoices for payment
- Ensures correct NOC codes are being purchased and dispensed
- Ensures shelves are labeled with correct NOC codes
- Maintain and update inventory control master and item file as needed
- Maintain and update minimum/maximum order quantities based on inventory usage patterns
- Obtains best pricing on products through negotiations with vendors
- Negotiate with vendors and buying groups to maximize rebate opportunities
- Monitors contract compliance and daily purchases to be reported monthly
- Monitor daily purchases vs. budget
- Work with Pharmacy staff in establishing appropriate inventory levels
- Stock and rotate pharmaceuticals when needed
- Organize physical inventory each time it is performed
- Return of overstock and outdated pharmaceuticals
- Keep current and organized files of all purchase orders
- Check invoices against established contracts and purchase orders to verify vendors are charging correct prices
- Perform ongoing analysis of generic contracts and pricing to ensure we are utilizing best price options
- Update Inventory Item file with correct acquisition costs and average wholesale prices (AWP) as needed
- Keep track of credits/reimbursements on returned/expired drugs
- High School diploma. Some college course work desirable
- 3 -4 years work experience in industry; prefer 2-3 years in purchasing area
- Prior pharmacy experience and National Pharmacy Technician Certification are desirable
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of spreadsheets and report
- High level experience with Excel and other database applications
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Possess decision making abilities
- Ability to distinguish medication types (i.e. liquids, creams, ointments, otics, controlled substances, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology, phatmaceutical calculations and drug use
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
Find your calling with CarDon. Apply today!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries.
(317) 600-2062 • firstname.lastname@example.org