Find your fit & love your job!
CarDon and Associates Corp
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Join the CarDon family! It’s an environment that’s exciting, respectful and rewarding. We offer positions with amazing benefits, like weekly pay, cell phone discounts and premium access and discounts on hotels, Universal and Disney and more! CarDon is the place for you.
Working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off and a family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits.
CarDon is a family-owned senior-living company with more than 20 communities in the Midwest. We offer independent and assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory support. We’re rapidly growing, offer a wide variety of career paths, and reward bright ideas and hard work. Work for the best and join the Heart of the CarDon family of care.
The Manager of Consulting Services performs all the duties of a consulting pharmacist who conducts Drug Regimen Reviews, quality improvement studies, and in-service programs, participates in assigned committees, assists in training personnel and conducts research in assigned long-term care facilities. These activities abide by all rules and regulations of the state in which he/she practices.
Additionally, the Manager of Consulting Services oversees consultant pharmacist facility assignments, performs annual consultant pharmacist performance reviews, compiles company reports as needed, assists in the execution of disease management activities, supports the activities of the consultant pharmacists, and facilities department meetings.
- Review medication regimen of all residents in assigned long-term care facilities at least once every 30 days.
- Identify any drug therapy irregularities such as:
* Use of medication without supporting diagnosis
* Use of inappropriate medication dose
* Concurrent use of medication that could potentially interact
* Duplicate therapy
* Continual use of medication that is no longer required
* Presence of a medication-related adverse reaction
* Use of a medication that is not cost-effective
- Monitor the outcomes from drug therapy by collecting, evaluating, and interpreting the results of laboratory data, clinical data, and other pertinent patient information
- Communicate results of therapeutic drug monitoring activities to appropriate personnel ie. physicians, nurses, administrators
- Maintain, thorough appropriate documentation in the patient/client record, a record of all clinical activities
- Document, in the form of a monthly report, all activities performed in the long-term care facility by the consultant pharmacist, pharmacy intern, and the quality specialist
- Monitor recommendation responses in accordance with federal guidelines
- Oversee data collection by consultant pharmacists
- Maintains appropriate level of staff according to business needs
- Manages Consultant facility assignments
- Oversee student involvement in Consulting pharmacy area
- Tabulation of data collected by consultant pharmacists in regards to drug therapy as directed by the Director of Pharmacy
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day operation of the consulting pharmacists and their activities in long-term care facilities
- Participates in the accumulation of data for the Director of Pharmacy
- Compiles and Collects all data consistent with the direction of the Formulary
- Attend quarterly quality assurance or CQI meetings as necessitated by the long-term care facility and provide required reports
- Participate in committees, as required by the long-term care facility, such as psychotropic review committees
- Attend designated department meetings as required
- Participate in orientations/training programs for new personnel, pharmacy students, and current staff
- Monthly medication room inspections
- Monthly MedBank (ADS) cycle counts
- Monthly temperature monitoring inspection for medication storage
- Ambient room temperature logs
- Refrigerator temperature logs
Minimum B.S. in Pharmacy
Experience in long-term care pharmacy setting
Currently licensed as a registered pharmacist in state of Indiana
Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (preferred)
- Must be able to work independently in long-term care facility and abide by all regulations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with long-term care facility staff and pharmacy staff
- Must be available to nursing facility in person or via phone during the nursing facility surveys
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Good organizational and time management skills
Find your calling with CarDon. Apply today!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries.
(317) 600-2062 • email@example.com