Find your fit & love your job!
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Join the CarDon family! It’s an environment that’s exciting, respectful and rewarding. We offer positions with amazing benefits, like weekly pay, cell phone discounts and premium access and discounts on hotels, Universal and Disney and more! CarDon is the place for you.
Working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off and a family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits.
CarDon is a family-owned senior-living company with more than 20 communities in the Midwest. We offer independent and assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory support. We’re rapidly growing, offer a wide variety of career paths, and reward bright ideas and hard work. Work for the best and join the Heart of the CarDon family of care.
1. Interprets prescription directions, including the clarification and communication to the facility when necessary
2. Identifies orders that cannot be processed due to coverage issues, missing information, or inability to read/understand
3. Inputs medication orders with correct medication and frequency. Minimum requirement is 30 orders per hour.
4. Ensures formulary substitutions are made appropriately based on facility contracts
5. Completes appropriate paperwork/forms, as well as communicating order exceptions and any other discrepancies to facilities and team leaders
6. Transmit all third party and Medicaid online claims at time of order entry to ensure payment as well as dispensing fee.
7. Maintains an understanding of the special requirements for each payer including Medicare/Managed Care/Medicaid Formulary and Non-Formulary/Third Party Insurance as well as communicate discrepancies to facilities regarding:
* Contract requirements
* Exclusions and Non-covered medications
8. Adherer to special Facility processing requirements (i.e. House Stock, Non-covered Medication Policies)
9. Researches and communicates with facility regarding any processing and reimbursement issues with order
2. Collects information from facilities regarding resident insurance cards, social security number, guarantor demographics, room number, wing, allergies, diagnosis, verifies patient medication needs, etc.
3. Verifies Insurance/Medicaid eligibility
4. Identifies orders that cannot be processed due to coverage issues, missing information, or inability to read/understand
5. Communicates with facility and Third-party providers to get necessary coverage, missing information etc. to correct order to be processed
6. Input of medication orders with correct medication and frequency
7. Ensures formulary substitutions are made appropriately based on facility and third-party provider contracts
8. Completes appropriate paperwork/forms, as well as communicating order exceptions and any other discrepancies to facilities, third party providers, and team leaders
9. Transmit all third party and Medicaid online claims at time of order entry to ensure payment as well as dispensing fee.
10. Documents all admits/readmits processed on the admission log
* Accepts other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS:
- Associate degree in health-related field or 1-2 years direct work experience in health related field
- Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid/Insurance Pay types, medical terminology, and brand/generic medications required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, or like applications
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of department representatives both internally and externally
- Ability to exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains high level of attendance and punctuality
- Communicates in a positive and respectful manner with customers and internal team members
- Generates and supports ideas to improve service to internal and external customers
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner
Find your calling with CarDon. Apply today!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries.
(317) 600-2062 • firstname.lastname@example.org