Find your fit & love your job!
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Join the CarDon family! It’s an environment that’s exciting, respectful and rewarding. We offer positions with amazing benefits, like weekly pay, cell phone discounts and premium access and discounts on hotels, Universal and Disney and more! CarDon is the place for you.
Working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off and a family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits.
CarDon is a family-owned senior-living company with more than 20 communities in the Midwest. We offer independent and assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory support. We’re rapidly growing, offer a wide variety of career paths, and reward bright ideas and hard work. Work for the best and join the Heart of the CarDon family of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- I. CLINICAL PHARMACIST DUTIES (45%)
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures
- Reviews, receives/verifies all new patient orders and documents the same on the respective order form
- Assists the physician and other healthcare professionals involved in planning and implementing patient care in the home to ensure safe and effective drug therapy
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessment of specific patient, drug and disease information to identify real and potential drug-related problems or needs
- Assists the physician and nursing staff in setting therapeutic objectives for drug therapy and establishing parameters for monitoring the safety and efficacy of drug therapy
- Monitors the outcomes from drug therapy by collecting, evaluating, and interpreting the results of laboratory data, clinical data and other pertinent patient information
- Communicates the results of therapeutic drug monitoring activities to the physician, nursing and other appropriate persons
- Provides consultation and answers inquiries from patients, families, physicians, and other healthcare professionals regarding drugs and their use
- Maintains thorough and appropriate documentation in the patient/client record of all clinical activities and communication with patients, physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature and attending in-services, seminars and conferences
- Identify and implement appropriate formulary substitutions
- Matches appropriate drug therapy with diagnosis to ensure efficacy
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy or a Masters of Science degree in Pharmacy desirable)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Currently licensed as a registered pharmacist in state of employment
- Experience and strong knowledge base in intravenous admixture services and intravenous therapy
- Must be capable of assuming responsibility for evaluating and monitoring drug therapy relative to the total needs/problems of the home care patient in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Must be able to work effectively with others to provide safe and effective drug therapy
- Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and supervise technical and other support staff
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Participates and membership in professional societies and organizations is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable in attendance and job performance
Find your calling with CarDon. Apply today!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries.
(317) 600-2062 • email@example.com